View Single Post
      04-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
Zoli007
Professional lurker
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, 2016 MCB M3 sold =(

E46 M3? am I nuts?!

Am I absolutely batsh!t crazy to even be considering this? background info...

I had a 2001 M3 since new and loved it, sold it 4 years later with 120k miles and still running strong. Then I had an E39 M5 and had it for 7 years and though I liked it, I kept trying to make it behave like the M3....

The E92 I never connected with, it felt like a more modern version of my e39. Im kinda in between cars at the moment, my wife has a 2013 GS 350 which is a great comfy daily. We work at the same place so I really dont NEED a second car but obviously I want one. I also want to do a few track days a year.

So....the considered thing. Its a 2005 E46 Dinan S2 M3. Besides the S2 stuff it has euro CSL headers, full supersprint exhaust, 3.91 diff, full suspension, wheels, etc.... Its basically what I fantasized about when I had my M3. But whats holding me back, and making me think Im crazy to even consider it is it has 61k miles, and they want 35k for it. I mean its almost 10 years old.... cars have come so far since then. Im not worried about mechanical issues as I trust the source but.... What will this thing be worth 2-3 years from now assuming I keep it in the same excellent condition? Would I be better off with an M235 and just throw some coils on it along with an LSD? Anyway, curious what you guys think...