2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011zx10R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
Umm, you do understand that the whole point of the M3 / 4 is to provide elite performance within the framework of a standard 3 series shell right? Space is nearly identical between the two...

That said, M3 hands down.
So you're telling me the tourer 3 and an M3 are almost identical. Sorry but no.

If you refer to my original comment I mentioned a tourer. You just skipped over it.

Also the choice of a brand new fully loaded next gen car Vs an outdated M3 just doesn't appeal. The M340 will be quicker for lots of things due to the xdrive.

I'd gladly have the next gen tourer when it comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
Umm, you do understand that the whole point of the M3 / 4 is to provide elite performance within the framework of a standard 3 series shell right? Space is nearly identical between the two...

That said, M3 hands down.
So you're telling me the tourer 3 and an M3 are almost identical. Sorry but no.

If you refer to my original comment I mentioned a tourer. You just skipped over it.

Also the choice of a brand new fully loaded next gen car Vs an outdated M3 just doesn't appeal. The M340 will be quicker for lots of things due to the xdrive.

I'd gladly have the next gen tourer when it comes out.
People who go M3 that are "not posing" would never buy an M340.

People who buy M340 will put comfort very high over performance.

I have very specific expectations for any car I purchase.

My gti is going to excel as its current role; daily driver.

The M3 is about its business.

When your abusing that M340 the M3 is effortlessly going about the task.

A lot of people say the 3 series is more comfortable than the M variant yet they have the same passenger volume. I also find the M seats much more comfortable than the 3 seats. Additionally most enthusiasts get aftermarket suspension which eliminates the soft ride and negates it's advantages while still being heavier than the M counterpart and thus not handling as well. The 3 series does have adaptive cruise, which is a huge plus imho, and sound proofing so there are definite trade-offs. I'm wondering how many people actually option adaptive cruise, leave the suspension stock, and find sound proofing a deal breaker for the M.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0