Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
What? I didn't mention anything about being less of a car lover for not having a full fledged M car. All i simply did was explain why I think BMW has made an "M Performance" Line and that I believe its all for marketing purposes. I expressed my opinion as such, and don't see how I offended you at all, nor anyone that drives an 330i, M340i, M3, etc. I simply explained that the M340i is not really a performance model, but simply a 340i with an M sport appearance package and similar performance options to that of a 330i, with an added M badge to its name.
Sorry if I took it the wrong way, it's just getting tiring seeing the constant it's not a true M post. No offense to you, but this car is slightly more than just a faux M badge, it has potential to be fun and tossable (is that a word???). Put an m340 and 330 (both stock) on a straight away or track and then tell me they're the same. If there's no difference I will buy you an M5 competition. You have my word.
I mean there are differences, I never said there wasn't, but in general the M340i isn't tuned or built too differently than a 330i to warrant large handling differences. They're both the same vehicle, platform, parts, with its main difference between the two being its engine. They both have m-sport breaks, m-suspension, M sport differentials, they both can be optioned almost the same, they can both do drift slides, etc., just with different engines. Its likely that a 330i and M340i will handle very similarly, with the biggest difference being weight and power (due to the engine), other than that and maybe tire choices, the M340i doesn't have many other aspects that differentiate it in handling. Hell the 330i could even have better handling because it weighs less up front due to the smaller engine (there are some reviews that argue that the 230i handles better than an M240i because of this), and the 330i has the newer steering rack. The M340i will be faster of course, but I don't believe its such a game changer from the 330i when comparing how they both drive. I'm also confused as to why the M340i has "potential to be fun and tossable" but the 330i doesn't? What about the M340i gives it this possibility over a 330i. (I'm genuinely curious, not being rude, just want to know your thoughts on this)

Also in my original post, I did say "not that this vehicle isn't sporty of fun" I do know its more than just the badge, but the comment that I replied to, was specifically focusing and saying how BMW created M performance for the enthusiast, so my reply focused on the badging and M performance. I'm sure its a fun car, but its a BMW I would hope it'd be fun with or without an M badge, I just don't believe that M performance has anything to do with the handling of the vehicle, I believe its more for marketing and competition to Merc and Audi than anything. Again not saying the M340i isn't fun, but that M doesn't have much to associate with the M340i for its driving dynamics.
MmmmmM22596.50