View Single Post
      12-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #367
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzer View Post
I mean, it's literally a piece of metal adhered to the rear bumper, not attached to any part of the exhaust system. Further more you can see the crappy 2" exhaust pipe right behind it. I think that's it's safe to say it is a fake exhaust. Fake exhaust tips at least.

Can anyone decipher this sentence? I think he's saying that we should thank people who bought older cars when they were new?

I think it's definitely not a fake exhaust, and if we're talking exhaust tips, how can it be fake if there's a real exhaust "behind" it, with exhaust gas actually coming out through the tips? But anyway... you can still not like it.

Oh, I'll decipher: what you're writing off as junk now - without having ever driven it and quite possibly without having seen it in person - has a good chance to years later be among the "good old BMWs" that you praise. I'm sure some of the older models you now put on a pedestal were considered "junk" by some when they were released as a new model, just as the G20 is by you.

So if somebody didn't buy that "new junk" back then, you wouldn't be able to try it out as a used car now.
Appreciate 0