12-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #369
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTN View Post
I think it's definitely not a fake exhaust, and if we're talking exhaust tips, how can it be fake if there's a real exhaust "behind" it, with exhaust gas actually coming out through the tips? But anyway... you can still not like it.

Oh, I'll decipher: what you're writing off as junk now - without having ever driven it and quite possibly without having seen it in person - has a good chance to years later be among the "good old BMWs" that you praise. I'm sure some of the older models you now put on a pedestal were considered "junk" by some when they were released as a new model, just as the G20 is by you.

So if somebody didn't buy that "new junk" back then, you wouldn't be able to try it out as a used car now.
I mean, it's a fake exhaust tip, fake exhaust. Whatever you want to call it. It's trying to look like something that it is not. Don't get so hung up on syntax...

And while it may drive nice and be fast, I guarantee you I will have the same sentiment about this car in regards to it's shortcomings in 10, 20 years and so on. My issues are with the serious design flaws and the intrusion of electronic assistance in the driving of the vehicle. It will not age well, and it will not be an enthusiast vehicle. It doesn't align with any of the formulas BMW has used in the past to make a good car. This car is designed and made for $329/month leases. Nothing else.