View Single Post
      10-31-2020, 09:42 AM   #16
bimmerMytlas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340XI G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
That's only if the mod isn't the cause of the problem, no SA is going to risk their job for you to commit fraud. If you tune your car you will be responsible for any damage to the engine and transmission, now can you spend 10-20k on a lawyer and prove it wasn't the tune ok? But in the end you still paid for the situation. Unfortunately you have to pay to play and that's how it goes.

So
Tune = and engine/transmission goes boom = you pay money to fix or you commit fraud and get away with it (which is way harder to do now with all the tuner detection and data collection by BMW)

Tune= ac/battery goes bad you are all good
That's the best explanation.. I think the dealer can be tune friendly but really if engine blow or transmission the investigation will be perform by BMW itself and they will find that you have tune the car which will result in they refusing to repair the car which will lead you doing all the repairs.

So in my case I got 3 years factory warranty here in Europe and after the 3 years I can pay 800 Euro for 2 years additional. Which leaves me 5 years bone stock .
Appreciate 0