07-18-2023, 08:58 AM   #10
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuuce View Post
Not sure what I think about car condos not associated with some sort of cool location, like a track. Thinking they have the potential to turn into work shops, vs a bit of a luxury location.

You are in the cold part of the country and people need to store things indoors, or want to so that could help with long term value. But I think overall the concept is not tried and true long term value prop. I have looked into them a few times.

Does the HOA prevent the number of overnight stays, or are they full time live in capable. This could severely impact the long term value. I know I would have considered one if it was full time livable as a temporary solution while looking for a home. Or single it would have been all I needed. But the rules were against that. Post being, a limited use building does not feel like a good investment.

My three somewhat random thoughts, but having a place the family does not want to go with you, could be priceless.

Then of course, just buy the house you want with the room you need. Problem is if you are into cars, there is never enough garage.
These ones are fun.

https://www.atlantamotorsportspark.c...k-side-condos/
Appreciate 1
3798j11605.00