Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg238 View Post
🤬a grand for tint!?! W. T. F.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymen14 View Post
Agreed
+1 He just got ripped off.

I am all for PPF and got Xpel's latest film this time around and did my own ceramic coating: A: Bec I know how to do it, B: paying $1K plus for something that is so easy to apply is a rip off. I used Quartz 3.0 and very happy with it.

There is also Stek Dynoshield that is incredibly shinny and looks super good. I have it on an other car. But after seeing the results from the latest Xpel ultimate, I am so glad I did not pay for extra Stek.

Xpel recently significantly improved their computer cuts. The PPF and coverage that was installed on my F10 summer of 2016 is so much different than what was just applied on my M340. The new version of the film (much shinnier) + their new and improved computer cut is no brainer. The whole installation appears almost to be seamless.

Also, I opted for not applying ceramic coating on PPF knowing what it does to application pads afterwards. I don't want something on my PPF that will harden and compromise its self healing properties. Yes, this is up for debate and there are other coating options for PPF but hitting the PPF covered areas with Car Pro Reload does the trick just fine. What exactly is the point of protecting something designed to protect anyway......another rip off designed to get you by today's detailing hype.

Bottom line, get a good PPF and call it a day & do your ceramic coating, yes it is that easy.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0