kfer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20-330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehana View Post
Yes, typo🤣
It’s 330e as you figured out.
I thought the same as you said, the 20i needs more boost to reach 30i numbers. It has 7-8 psi stock so the additive boost will be higher than the 30i can handle, about 11 psi additional boost. I am afraid from over boost.

Now the new app doesn’t support boost gauge as before, how could you measure your boost? How much do you have now?

You are using 95 Ron? Does it knock or cutting power?
I don't know how much boost I have. I'm using the Level #6, which should be the default Sport+. The guys at Speedbuster told me that #6 is the power they claim in the spec sheet. Each level above should increase performance by about 2% and each level below should decrease it by about 4%. Since I don't have an additional logging tool, I don't know if it pulls the ignition if you have too much boost (you can go up to #15). I'm using it with RON95 and I can't feel any power cutting.
Regarding the additional boost: honestly I don't know if they work with absolute numbers or with a percentage (I would guess the second one, since in this case it is much easier to program the box for other vehicles).
What could happen then?
When they operating with the absolute target PSI you won't feel any extra power, because the 20i's increased boost ( by the box) is slightly below or equal that of the 30i stock.
If they work with a percentage (the support also speaks of +/- percentage) then you have no problem and you have the same characteristics as now, but with more boost. That's why I gave you the hint to my dynosheet, where you can see the same thing.
The only way I would be worried is if they changed the power curve on the 20i to be similar to the power curve on the 330i, but this is not the case. That would mean that above 4000-4500rpm there is significantly more boost (in %) needed (see e.g. BSR, where they changed the characteristics with flash tuning https://www.bsr-tuning.de/tuning-kit...2020-b48-b20-b ) and excatly that would lead to to much boost on a 330i.
So if I were you, I would start with #1 and work up slightly to #6.
Appreciate 0