View Single Post
      06-19-2020, 09:37 AM   #27
raj914
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
So here is what was shared and explained to me today….

Alex/Mission Performance absolutely, presently has the capability to remote flash tune ANY BMW regardless of software rev or model. That said he is currently only offering remote flash tunes on older revs (early production) of software where other tuners are already playing (cough cough after him haha). When he will bring remote flash/tune for later revs to market I do not know….that is up to him (stating the obvious). Why the hesitation – others have speculated – I will not.

For now he is staying with clients that can visit him, send their cars and those that send him their DME.

As for sending in a DME – I did mention that there was a "need" for a "how to" for DME removal. That said he used my car – and snapped some pics that he said he would use/publish as a DIY removal guide. I witnessed and learned watching him it is about a 3 min process and is remarkably simple (do not hesitate to do this)

Aforementioned aside – he gave me a ride in his X3M on full E85 pushing almost 30lbs of boost. Holy Sh*t I have nothing to compare it to other than a tesla on ludicrous mode. Honestly and sincerely – after the runs this 49 year old guy and my Son were just laughing and clapping – I didn't know what else to do and it seemed appropriate. New M3/4 is going to be nuts when tuned like this.

Back to our M340's….I'm now running stage 2 with my CG Precision catted downpipe and I couldn't be happier – the power delivery is like I have said before….as if you checked a factory option box that said "hell yes I want more power" Smooth and linear - pulling like a freight train

Anyhoo – I hope this helps – I've shared what I now know – anything additional I would suggest you simply pick up the phone and call Alex – super great guy to work with (as long as you want to work with him - if you want flames or dyno glory tunes he will likely tell you to go elsewhere - just my 2-cents).

random shots from today - gapping my plugs, X3M, DP install (by him) and a small section of the shop where my car was parked

oh and he enabled remote start for me - super cool - wasn't expecting that
Ahhh, I wish he would remotely flash mine. :/ Anyways, I may consider sending him my DME if he posts a guide.
Appreciate 0