View Single Post
      06-24-2020, 07:34 AM   #42
SpiveyCJ
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
I’m ready to get a tune ASAP. I’m going to call Alex to get pics of removing the DME and if it’s easy enough I’ll send it.

I’ve talked to ProTuning and it’s the same way with them, I would have to send it in. I called one of their authorized dealers and luckily enough, it is in my town so that would be easiest. However when I called the local dealer they hadn’t done one yet and were supposed to call me back and it’s been two days so maybe they don’t want to deal with it. Price is the best though, probably around $600.

I also called Carbahn and one of the authorized dealers (BMW dealership) is close to me. Same thing, I would have to leave my car there and they would have to ship my DME to them to flash. With the warranty they are the most expensive at $750 for the flash and $750 for the warranty.

I am leaning towards Mission if I have to send it out and their pricing is in between BM3 and Carbahn at about $1000. It was nice talking to Alex and he seemed to be the most helpful with the questions I had. The only difference with Mission is he said I would have to get the plugs gapped down and the others said I didn’t need it so there is some extra money for that. Anyone know why Mission requires regapping the plugs?

I see you're in MD, I'm in SE PA and Thompson BMW in Doyelstown has the tool required to unlock the DME onsite. Carbahn said a few dealers are piloting this process. I have (2) BM3 dealers in my area but neither can unlock on site
Appreciate 0