View Single Post
      11-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #11
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingi View Post
I'm reading a lot of butthurt in this thread. If you're insulted by something irrelevant like "OK Boomer" (which obviously is just playing with the meme, does any company intentionally want to insult their customers?) you are not the target group anyway. Also, the "Ok Boomer" post is just a single tweet, just like the car bold and provocative (well at least thats what the marketing team was trying to do). Answering to the replies of the tweet with "In order to go new ways you sometimes have to try new looks." seems normal to me? What else should they have answered? Cancel the whole car because a few guys on twitter said they don't like it? In the end, it actually was a really succesful marketing campaign. As the saying goes: There is no such thing as bad publicity, any press is good press. All of the media picked it up, many posts on social media about this tweet. It achieved what it was supposed to do, make people aware of the new car BMW just launched. (The average person does not care or know when a new car is launched unlike you guys here on this forum).

If you don't want to buy an i4/iX then don't do it. You're a human being with a free mind, nobody forces anyone to buy a BMW. If you want a Tesla/Taycan/etron/EQC/Polestar or whatever else, then just go ahead and buy it. Nothing will change when you complain on a forum (at least until the next refresh/model in 3-7 years). It's ridiculous announcing your decision to not buy a specific model with an own thread on some random forum (especially if its a butthurt reason like "They made a post I dont like on twitter").

99% of the people shouting "You have lost a customer" wouldn't have bought the car in the first place, so no, BMW did not lose a customer, in-fact they didn't lose anything at all. If I didn't buy anything from a company that had a failed marketing campaign I wouldn't be buying anything at all.
I don't know the subtleties of the colloquialism "butthurt", but if it is trying to be a synonym for insulted, it is correct. My prior response addressed this and you labeling it "irrelevant" does not make it so for anyone but yourself. However, your assertion of becoming a non-target due to having a sense of self-respect is a non-sequitur. My decades of brand loyalty, repeated purchases, current two in the garage, and decision to buy an EV next time are exactly their i4 target. The psychographics that result in some being offended and some not caring are independent of any vehicle marketing plan. Given the range of topics we discuss, your other assertion about this concern being "ridiculous" is strikingly ironic. BMWNA clearly feels otherwise and has remedied the problem, so something clearly has changed for them, which was the intent of the apparently high number of complaints they acknowledged receiving.

The offense was not intentional. It was negligent. It was neither "bold" nor "provocative". It was just short-sighted, arrogant, and, to put it plainly, dumb for anyone in a business relationship and who has the slightest understanding of the concept of empathy. However, that does not reduce the need for retraction, apology, and corrective action to prevent recurrence. BMWNA has admitted as much in writing and done all three at this point, and the inexperienced employee has apparently been counseled.

Moving on to await the news on the i4.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
MBM3401026.00