View Single Post
      01-28-2021, 09:35 AM   #19
paulb15480
Retired Car Nut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i, Dinan Exhaust

Dealer Mileage May Vary

Sorry you are having trouble getting your dealer to assist. I am very fortunate I guess to have an excellent dealer with outstanding support from sales all the way through to service and the ongoing ownership experience. I have always invested in nurturing relationships with all of my conacts from the General Manager across the board. It helps that they are all really fine people too.

My 2020 M340i delivered in August of 2020 has been having this well documented (in the forums) issue with the subwoofer (and possibly other speakers) dropping out intermittently. One time when I actually caught it in the act I connected my laptop to the car with the BMW ISTA software (same as what the dealer uses) and unfortunately the car didn't log the fault code outlined in the documents circulating in the various threads on this subject. But I contacted my Service Advisor anyway and he said go ahead and bring the car in. The Shop Foreman did his research and found all of the information he needed to go ahead and order the updated amp for me, even without being able to reproduce the problem (which is basically impossible unless you have incredibly good luck) or seeing the specific error being logged. Don't have the amp yet, which is understandable given it has to come from Germany as it is a new part, and I imagine there might be other supply issues contributing to delays.

The moral of the story, perhaps consider another dealer if you are lucky enough to have one in your area, or perhaps try again at the dealer where you took the car originally. Depending on the personalities of the service folks, you might be able to print off documents located in the varioius threads on this subject and show them to the dealer to help them research. It might piss them off, or they might appreciate it. Like I said I have close relationships with the folks I deal with and they know I do work on my own car so that helps me out.

Good luck and I hope you can get some traction on this.
Appreciate 1