10-29-2020, 09:49 PM   #39
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 20' 330i & RX 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuni View Post
I disagree, range is a consideration point when buying EV.

Model S has better range in paper but in real life Taycan (nearly) matches it within few percentages. And Taycan is not even trying to have most range, so in that department Tesla do not posses any advantage over others. Model S has also larger battery, better wheels/tyres for range than Taycan.

i4 range is subjected for several things but one is that it probably will be sporty and they are willing to sacrifice some range to achieve it, like in Taycan's case.

i4 will cost more than Model 3, but out of bag it will have normal paint, normal (better) noise insulation, have better options, look better, have quality interior, have better seats, have better dealer network, have better infotaiment system, rear bumper wont fall off due to the design flaws etc.

Recent times I have driven; Model S, Model 3, Taycan and Panamera Hybrid. The speed is obviously great and I drive faster than most, but all cars satisfy my need for speed. However, Teslas interiors, feel, looks and all around cheapness is something I cant live with.
I don't disagree with you. IMO, range only comes into consideration if it's around 200miles, fully charged or less. I don't see BMW doing that. At min, you'll see 250+ max range from the i4 at around the same price as the Model 3 Standard range + which is exactly ~$38k without any options. However, you'll easily be able to option the car to $50k+

It would be a huge mistake for BMW not to price this car in the same range, especially if it cannot achieve the same mileage. They will not(hopefully) make the same mistake they did with the i3.
Appreciate 0