12-12-2020, 12:34 PM   #20
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
Chenry, I’m trying to install right now but fitment seems tight. I really have to push up on the middle and the holes don’t align with the center holes under the bumper. Did you use self tapping screws to secure the middle?
Yes I did here are a couple other things that come to mind:
  • I pre-drilled the center section of spoiler (holes just big enough for the self tapping screws to slip through) and used maybe 6 screws that were self tapping with built in washers
  • For the brackets that use the existing oem bolts on either side (I loosely fitted the spoiler by tightening the bolts just enough that the spoiler wouldn't fall but I could still move it around and at that point I had my Son hold it in place exactly where we wanted it while I tightened the bolts)
  • For the sides that come up on either side of the spoiler just in front of each wheel - I bent the sides in using my hand so they would pinch in and sit flush with the car (not sure this is necessary)
I did have the car on a lift (paid a local muffler shop to use it for an hour - $50 well spent) so all the aforementioned was made quite easy in that the bumper and spoiler were at eye level and we had full access.

Pics:
  • First pic is from our install and I captioned it for you
  • Second pic from the factory install manual for the oem front lip where you can see they use four self tapping screws in the center (adhesive is also used)
I hope this helps...pic for reference (and a little fun)
Attached Images

Last edited by chenry; 12-12-2020 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: added second pic
Appreciate 1
Mark72913.50