View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 06:31 AM   #25
WhiteJames
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M-Sport Plus

OWNER REVIEW

BMW 330i M-Sport Plus Package

The BMW 330i M-Sport was optioned with the two most important options in my opinion:

1. Lumber Support
2. M-Sport Plus Package – M-Sport mechanical limited slip differential (LSD) + M-Sport coloured seat belts + rear boot lip spoiler.

Please note:

The Australian spec G20 BMW 330i comes with a litany of standard equipment that is optional in other markets. M-Sport package, leather seats, 19 wheels, adaptive dampers, mid-spec stereo system, and a host of technical and safety gear is standard. This includes radar cruise control, HUD, lane-keeping, blind spot warning, keyless entry to name a few. BMW 5-year basic free service package was added. BMW dealer fitted aftermarket tint was included as part of the BMW package.

Origin of BMW:

At time of order, BMW informed me that my BMW 330i M-Sport Plus would be made in Mexico. This was due to a post 1 June 2020 build date. Upon collection of the BMW 330i, I was surprised to see the vehicle was actually made in Germany.

Initial Drive Impressions:

This my first impression of the BMW 330i M Sport Plus Package drive experience during gentle run-in-phase.

Low Speed Ride Comfort:

At very low city speeds: 10kph – 40kph the ride is a little too firm and at times brittle. Blame the M Sport spec suspension and 19-inch diameter wheels on run-flat tyres. This relates to the secondary-ride small-bump ride comfort. At times, the BMW 330i on adaptive dampers feels like a nuggetty Body-Builder strutting over sunken man-hole covers, ruts, divots and roadway irregularities. There’s little in terms of suspension flexibility or compliance at very low traffic-jam speeds. Like the dampers are locked into place.

Ideally, it would be great to have an additional Comfort + setting on the BMW for inner-city Sydney CBD driving to aid ride comfort. I understand that the new Golf 8 has incremental adaptive damper settings. The incremental range allows the driver to scroll further beyond the standard factory Comfort setting, going even softer. It’s not a major issue. It may become taxing on the ride comfort if you primarily drive below 40kph in inner-city Sydney CBD areas. Ironically: Once you’re on the move and driving above 50kph, the ride comfort with the M-Sport adaptive dampers improves dramatically. Out on the open highway the ride comfort further improves. The faster you drive, the better the ride becomes.
Appreciate 0