View Single Post
      03-21-2019, 12:33 AM   #104
jlhymb
Private
Rep
Drives: ymb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
No, not a DCT F80, but plenty of other DCT/SMG/MCT/F1 cars. I know what you mean about DCT's being the right fit for some cars . . . the E60M5 and most modern Ferrari's come to mind, where a manual trans would let the revs drop too much on a high revving engine and interrupt the action. I'm not sure I agree that a torquey turbo engine fits in that category. As cool as those cars are, however, for daily driving enjoyment, those cars will lose to a good manual all day long. Note that I'm talking about just enjoying your mundane commute at normal speeds.
Yeah, i think overall its tough because the m3/4 is a fun car in both forms - but in different ways, if you will. With the DCT I had, I appreciated the S2 transmission logic a lot and I felt like the car was telepathic. With the 6mt, it's more rewarding when I get things right... so both enjoyable, but definitely different

I am kind of disappointed to hear about the automatic, but I'm optimistic the car will still be fun when its out... otherwise, I assume the next m2 will cover whats left
Appreciate 1
minn1914018.00