View Single Post
      12-31-2019, 10:03 AM   #21
Sarni
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 18d, BMW 320ix G20

Bought 320i a month ago, having moved from X1 18d I was excited to get into a car that does 0-60 in around 7 seconds with 4-wheel drive and it does feel exciting to drive for me (though I am aware for many on here it will be slow).

Looking to slightly upgrade performance now. Apparently DTE module can add 30 HP and 50 Nm. If advertised 0-100 kph is 7.5s, and real is closer to 7.2-7.3 then with extra HP and torque that should easily get it below 7 seconds and somewhere into 6.5 range, right? Looking for other piggybacks that won’t void my warranty (unless logs are checked)...

I probably should have got 330i but then again now I will be able to almost go through three different cars in my 5-year lease of this 320i - the current stock one, the one with piggyback and in 2-3 years a remap one (they are getting it into 260 HP / 390 Nm range here easily without overwhelming the engine, apparently it’s very very similar to 330i in build and can easily sustain that), and my monthly payments are $100 lower with $500 annual saving on insurance to boot (also because of this I managed to spec it with a lot, lot extras).

Any piggybacks that are available in Europe I should be looking at other than DTE and RaceChip?
Appreciate 0