08-01-2019, 04:07 PM   #539
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
While true they have suffered this issue, they have gotten better each generation.

Plus the previous shortcomings were always easy fixes once you had them "in hand"!
I truly "hope" the new Vette is a winner in every way. But...

When the C7 came out last... a friend of mine who works for BMW AG... wanted one really bad. You know manufactures have fleets of cars fill with cars from other car makers. My friend put in a "request" for the new then Vette... He drove it for four days to see what all the Hype was about. He said it was a really good car... but the suspension dampening wasn't calibrated for German roads. It had some weird harmonics on certain roads. He also said it was so fast! He mentioned that he saw 320 kph on the speedo and the car was still pulling hard. It scared him. lol But the deal breaker for him was.... he was driving quickly at 250 kph and had to brake down to 200 kph rather quickly bc of traffic... after that medium braking... the rotors were wrapped! He liked the C7 but he wasn't sold on the engineering of the car. So... he placed his order for the then new M4 coupe. I told him something funny... something I find very true... I said we American's don't know how to make a car... but we sure do KNOW how to make a missile or fighter jet!

Dack
Appreciate 3