01-31-2021, 12:54 PM   #77
m240nj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G20 M340 View Post
The new update for some reason isn't affecting all the models when it comes to the pops and burbles, but it is meant to stop the pops. My car is tuned by Mission Performance(hired by Toyota to tune the heritage edition supra 2 years in a row) and when it updated to the new DME my burbles and pops were noticeably different, Alex is going to turn the aggression of the burbles/pops up to be like what it was when I was stock). But it took a lot convincing to make him do it because he agrees with BMW that these burbles and pops are not good for the engine.

I just don't get why BMW just decided to do this with the g20 when they offered the MPPSK for F30 and burbled/popped like crazy and now after 5 years they decide to do change that.

Anywho, go on BimmerCode -> HU_MGU-> expert mode -> search "sound" -> turn on both configuration and menu -> go to general settings -> engine sound-> sporty. You'd have to do this everytime though, for some reason keeps going back to "depending on driving mode"
This only modifies the exhaust flap and ASD. Does not modify the DME to bring back the original sound.
Appreciate 0