Captain
Rep
Drives: Little of this, little of that

Garage List
2024 BMW G42  [0.00]
2022 BMW G82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggler View Post
Yes, sports plus confirmed. It used to burble, pop and bang (bang = loud pops). Now it just burbles with occasional muffled pops. Definitely no more bangs. Like I said, I take a very repetitive route to work with no traffic and I always experience the same speeds/conditions/shifts. This is how I know it's not my imagination. If I had to pin a number to it, I would say it's 1/3rd as loud as it used to be.

The car's performance doesn't appear to be neutered though. However I have found myself recently needing to use the paddle shifter for better 1st to 2nd gear shifts to prevent revhang with dynamic traction enabled (PS4S tires)... which I had never needed to do before. I suppose the weather is too cold and cold tire/road traction limitations sort of stop me from doing an apples to apples comparison in that regard.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe that's the reason why BMW waited for the winter to release their software in North America. They figured people are babying their cars for the winter and won't notice a change in exhaust and performance. By the time spring/summer arrive with optimal driving conditions, people will have adapted without realizing the car's dynamics are reduced.
Conspiracy Theory #2: Is this how the BMW does it?
If the Hybrid system replaces the need for this, then perhaps that is what has occurred. Also, Germany has gotten awful regulatory in the past 2 years in regards to noise, and many other automotive things. Maybe that is why. Why would they just do it to EU cars? I Am not sure. Maybe the same reason American cars have the side marker parking lamps. Cost.

Conspiracy theory 3#: This is my FAVORITE. Winter gas. Winter Gas changes the properties of the fuel and how the fake pops occur. In Summer, your car is louder.
Appreciate 1
Blubaron791430.50