12-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #20
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Sure, but I'm much more likely to be killed by these people doing 160mph on public roads, than I would be if they were sticking to the speed limit.
And I'm much more likely to be killed by a plastic surgeon attempting to seal an artery on the side of the road than a vascular surgeon doing the same on an operating table. That doesn't mean that plastic surgeon shouldn't attempt it ...

... so mountain climbers should stick to mountains, divers should stick to God-made oceans, pilots should stick to flying lanes ... MMMMok.

Basic human nature dictates that if something might can be done, then it's worth a try. Laws have two corollary intentions: To tether human nature for the greater good, and to promote the survival (at worst) and success (at best) of that greater good -- usually referred to as a society. Sorry, but that soccer mom is risking far more discord within our society than the dude doing 150-plus in rural Montana is ...

... and besides: Laws are made to be broken, because human nature makes it so.
Appreciate 3
Red Bread4463.00
dtla1827.50