View Single Post
      12-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #21
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

If you have a ruptured artery, it needs to be fixed pronto. But you already have a ruptured artery, so the risk is already there. If these guys didn't race across the country, they absolutely certainly would never kill anyone by racing across the country.

Yeah, mountain climbers should stick to mountains - believe me, it's way more fun that way!!! *And you're only likely to kill/injure yourself and those who have specifically agreed to the heightened risk of taking part in that activity.* Asterisks for importance. That part is my point.

You want to hoon about in your car and there is no risk of harming someone who is just trying to go about their day? Sweet, have a great time!...... You want to hoon about in your car but in doing so you are significantly increasing the risk of harming innocent bystanders? No. Don't be selfish.

I'm all for folk having fun. I'm even more for folk pushing limits and boundaries competitively. But I am strongly against these things if they are damaging (or heighten the risk of damage) to people around them who don't want to be involved.

And will someone please revoke the license of this damn soccer mom who keeps driving while distracted!! I totally agree that distracted/disinterested/incompetent drivers are by far the biggest risk. Partly because there are so many of them.
Appreciate 0