View Single Post
      02-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #23
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLife View Post
As far as the car goes, I'd assume the changes are minor and cosmetic.

Prior gen had changes to exterior lights, interior seatback lights, and I believe addition of carplay 1.5 years later (option for comp package as well, but that likely won't be an issue w a comp being offered year 1). Many were able to get significant discounts on the second model year as well. In LA it was not uncommon for dealers to be charging over MSRP first year. Second year 10%+ off could be negotiated with incentives.

If I were to speculate, if the grill really receives the anticipated reactions one of two things will happen. Either the front end trim is changed to make the grill look better (The M2 had different seats, mirrors, etc so I don't think this is too crazy that they add pieces or redesign the grill surrounds to make the size blend in better) , or the other possibility is the car is going to be offered at significantly larger discounts than they were for the 2016 F80s. It is possible that both of these could happen.

Car sales have been trending downwards, we have had the largest YOY decreases in the last few decades, even larger than the great recesssion. This has already happened, couple that with even a slight downturn in the economy , increased competition from competitors and you've got yourself a situation like Aston Martin currently has (an absurd amount of dealer inventory, and unheard of discounts).
A more than slight downturn in the global economy is already in the books today due to the virus. Every day it keep getting worse is additional damage. This one is going to hurt since it hits hard on supply (Chinese factories idling) and demand (Chinese customers hibernating).
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3596.00