Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but it's hard for me to get excited about what looks like amateur art on apparel from someone I've never heard of on a car forum. I felt the same way about the Kith M3/4 whatever it was. This is more apparel news than car news.

Didn't intend to post, but since you brought it up, just offering a perspective. In the age before Instagram this would have never been news at all.
A lot of modern "art" is like that. You look at it, and yes, it invokes emotions but they are often not good ones.

I don't know what it is today with art but there is so much amateur looking crap that gets passed on for something amazing, I am struggling to explain it. I see it on some building wall, or these collabs on instragram... I dont know.. May be Warhol was considered crap by contemporaries in his day, or Dali was mocked for his work, by all except critics? Yes, no? hm.

As if the king is naked moment, may be. But a lot of it is trash - but peopel are afraid to say it because in our day we self censor ourself because we are so terrified to offend anyone literally.

This project I look at it, and I mean the artwork around PRESENTING this to us, the photos, the story board, etc, are much more interesting to look at than the "art" on car itself. Sorry, not a fan.
Appreciate 2
Teutonic2709.00
Encanto1164.00