View Single Post
      04-07-2019, 06:50 PM   #95
TeamErc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4, 2018 X35d

Garage List
Just returned from the BMW event in Baltimore where we auto crossed cars just like this one. 330i MSport and, I believe, track pack.

I do have quite a bit of autocross experience in 330 E46 sport, highly modified E90 335, stock M4 ZCP so wanted to give my quick impressions, (just my opinions!)
- I was much more impressed in person of the looks of the exterior. I would buy one with this spec for spirited daily driver.
- Auto crossing at these events doesn't give you much time to appreciate the interior but I have to say I need more time for it to grow on me. Nor can you experience the features, your ushered in and out of the car quickly. I worry it's too generic but also don't like to form an opinion until I have more time to enjoy the car in normal driving.
- Regarding performance, I am very impressed with the handling. The car really scoots around the corners until the front tires were cooked and the tread blocks started deteriorating. There is better steering feel than F series and the dimensions of the vehicle become very familiar, quickly. Really impressed with agility!
- The power is stronger than you expect but takes a little time to come on. Even from a dead stop and punching it, it takes a good two count to really start moving. In all fairness, I have no idea what the car was set on an the BMW event person would not let me turn off the AC. Also, wasn't allowed to manually shift either. Also if you slightly miss an apex and need to dig out of a corner, it takes another 1-2 count. Started to accelerate a count before needed.

But all in all, very impressed and have new respect for the G series.
Appreciate 3
530iDriver1707.50
BimmerFix1402.50
Mii392.50