View Single Post
      08-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #221
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Liking what I see more and more . . . and the S58 is not even visible.

A few observations . . .

1. The rear end has clearly been taken from ‘square’ to ‘rounded’ across the trunk line.

2. Unlike shown in renders presented to date, the rear taillights are not incorporated into trunk line (e.g., as with the F87).

3. The gas cover now appears ‘square’ as opposed to ‘round’ in the F87, and door handles are inset with door panel. Nothing to write home about.

4. Seems there will clearly be some vertical side vents behind the front wheels. Covered in the pics and, no doubt, non-functional.

5. The side running panels appear much more pronounced/aggressive compared the F87.

6. Difficult to state with certainty but appears that have taken the ‘blunted’ F87 rear quarter (behind the C pillar) and ‘stretched’ it out. If so, the ONE thing I dislike the about the F87 will be significantly improved upon.

7. Front end looks a little vanilla in spy pics, BUT it seems clear the front grille atrocity that appears on the G80/G82 will not be inherited. I anticipate the ‘vanilla’ will be quickly become more menacing with removal of the camouflage and some tweaks in the G87 M2/M2C.

8. I think it was previously established HUD is coming and it appear ACC is also on the horizon. Dig the former, but ambivalent about the latter.

9. Overall, looking more and more like the G87 M2 will be the new M4. The M4 enthusiasts want instead of what they are getting with the oversized and overdesigned G82. Wishful thinking, but it would be great if the G87 M2 could shed a couple hundred pounds over the F87.

///AVM

These pics are of the regular 2 series,G42,not the new M2,G87.So it isn’t a surprise that this car has the same square designed gas cap as the current 2 series.

I really like the proportions on this new 2 series.Looks very sporty and has very little wheel gap.
Appreciate 0