02-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #10
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
That's all to be expected. Has the car improved as far as road noise and quality of material?

F3X are aweful in those regards.
Inside cabin noise can be compared with a BWM 7-series (G11) I drove last year meaning that it was more than pleasant but I could clearly hear the Active Sound Design (ASD) which is very annoying and artificial, but this can be disabled through coding. The low cabin noise is one of the reasons the car does not feel sporty imho.

The quality of the material was very good, I did not see a lot of hard plastics except some black plastic around the gear shift and light gray plstic on the steering wheel. I recall that the plastic used for the bottom part of the dashboard did feel harder but I don't think that this is a problem.

The car I drove had the Vernasca Leather Schwarz with contraststitching Blau / Schwarz and also the dashboard in leather. Absolutely no remarks about this leather and the sport seats felt very good. I was amazed about how good the seats are.

I am however not so impressed with the entire design of the cabin. I do not find it to be on the same level as the Mercedes C-class but still it is a major improvement.

There is considerably more leg room for the back passengers compared to the outgoing 3-series (we compared this with our kids in the dealer showroom months ago with the outgoing model and today with the G20).

The car I drove came with the shifters on the steering wheel and the shifters felt fragile and very 'plasticky'.

All by all I liked the interior, it was as minimalistic as possible. I did notice that the programmable radio buttons are positioned much lower in the G20 compared to my F82 and I use these buttons a lot and in my F82 I can press these buttons without having to look down but due to the low position in the G20 I did notice that if I wanted to press any of the numerical buttons that I had to look down for a brief moment, not something you want to do a lot when you are driving.

Last edited by G4BR13L; 02-08-2019 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
praxis218823.50