View Single Post
      11-18-2020, 06:57 PM   #6
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

My thoughts.

I can understand where they want to go with iX in the target market. Is it the approach I would initially do? No.

As you know my feeling towards social media are not of particular favour. It reflects a growing marketing trend to aim at the social media mindset which for some it absolutely works in regards to brand promotion. I don't feel an actual car should be marketed out to the social media because social media isn't as representative of the real world as many would have you believe.

What has twitter become but a platform for hate. People say the most despicable things that they get free reign and a platform to abuse others. This has become so acceptable in our society that it is being normalised and acted out in some cases extremely violently.

Now look at what they have done in regards to iX? Now these have been outsourced externally,some have worked in the cars favour such as the 6 part series and indeed the Christoph Waltz test drive which I am reading is being favoured because of the sight of the inner machinations of the four cylinder HQ in Munich.

The use of language and behaviour is important in marketing and using social media insults such as "Boomer" is not favourable to that traditional customer who has been with the brand over 50 years of their life. I agree with the concept regarding "change" but not the execution.

The car was shown in Berlin amongst other manufacturers (Where I saw EQS and why I do say EQS is a game changer for the segment and indeed the S-Klasse where they can be both winners and losers.)
The iX also is a game changer as for now it's a flagship until we get the i7 which will spearhead BMW's GKL segment.

Now yes people were favourable of the car it's potential and it's philosophy and why it matters for the next decade but here you are talking to more of the typical customer. When it compares to other factions where politics are spearheaded by millennials and underdeveloped ideas and solutions. Cars like the iX are purely aimed and marketed at millennials which as you can see is alienating the actual customer.

The problem I see here in Berlin is that there is no interest as the industry is the enemy. We have gone beyond the purpose of the electric car to say the curtain has been pulled back in regards that infrastructure takes centre stage as you have to get from one end of the spectrum to the other and of course there are hurdles and many are seen as more harmful to the environment.
They are hoping in regards to a similar scenario with i3 and i8. These cars brought in new customers as well as convincing BMWs older and traditional customers to change.

Slow starts aside but i3 is now exceeding its targets. So much so that discussed at launch a further update is planned so the car will be with us a little longer.

The iX is conceived to attract new customers to the brand just as well as traditional customers. Generally I think iX will attract new customers but not necessarily be the target customer. I have seen this before with other BMWs.

I agree with the concept of the marketing regarding "change" as it sums up the revolution in process. But not the execution.
mlello16.50
Nahlem1144.00