08-07-2019, 06:27 AM   #11
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasypeanut View Post
80-85k gets you into zo6 territory. I'm sure Chevy just like all the generations before will make plenty and the Corvette volume dealerships will be selling them for way under msrp. When I was cross shopping a c7 z51 and a M2 in 2016, I saw plenty of dealerships around the nation selling the zo6 in the mid 70s. The zo6 came out as a my2015, and granted a few of them caught on fire at the track in the early years, most m4/Corvette owners aren't tracking them anyways lol
Shopping at the right Corvette dealership would net you big savings on Z06s and even regular stingrays. The C8 though is a big change and I think at least for the first 2 model years will not get put on those big sales. First year is already sold out and it hasn't even hit dealerships. My guess you will need to get to $75k to get the Z51 package, mag ride, and a couple of aesthetic upgrades which for a car that will be under 3 seconds to 60, mid-Engine looks, V8 rumble, and probably will our handle most cars on the road, is pretty inexpensive. This new corvette will bring new people into the corvette family for sure.
Appreciate 1