11-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #29
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbrah View Post
who cares if something is a real M car? the only thing you should care about is how it fits your needs. the M4 will be RWD only, it won't be as nice on the interior, will be lacking some features, but it will drive more aggressively, corner better, be stiffer, etc.

i really don't get the whole real M vs M-lite thing, literally who cares, i cannot imagine buying a car that's ~$30k more just because it's a "real M". i'd have to really want what comes with it, which i maybe would, but i wouldn't give the "real M" part a millisecond of thought
The OP asked for an opinion, I gave it. No one is saying spend another 30k more to get a real M car. His difference is 100 per month, he mentioned that the M340i is just as fast almost 0-60mph, and with those two points, I was trying to push him towards the real M car, because IMO that is the better value buy for similar money.

Another reason I stated that is because there are many threads debating previous M chassis or new M340i chassis. Many people were comparing to see if the M340i was good enough for the same price as a M4 / M3, and my response to that is also, no. It isn't a real M car. Nothing wrong with a M340i, at all - it's a great great car. Value wise, if paying the same monthly, why not get a full M car is my point.

There are things the M340i does either better or just as well as the F8x M car. However, OP mentioned he likes to go to track days, car events, rallies. All these things ultimately means he could benefit from a M car. Nothing more, nothing less. I've owned many non-M cars before and theres nothing wrong with them, but if I'm looking for a track tool, or something more performance oriented, then a M car is definitely more worth it, especially if the price is nearly the same.
Appreciate 0