SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikester19 View Post
Two nuts were completely loose, I could have probably loosened them by hand. The third was about half a turn off. I only recently bought a torque wrench but even if I had checked without one I would have known the nuts were loose.

Looking at the invoice/job sheet it doesn't make mention if they check the torque of wheel nuts as part of the vehicle check service, although they do check most other things which one doesn't need a specific tool for, and could probably check themselves; things like washer fluid, wiper blades and tyre pressure:
I assume they take off the wheels so that they can check brake pad wear. You will notice that the remaining thickness (percentage) of the brake pads noted on your service sheet.
Very disappointing, let alone being dangerous, that this has happened. I will definitely check my wheels after a service.
I assume you will be giving the dealership CEO (not the service manager) a right Royal rollicking over this issue. This is definitely NOT acceptable.