Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Oh really?
What Scott was saying is actually the opposite intent of what you're saying... he was saying that by BMW leaving the regular G30 grills in place on top it was a funny way of leaving the true grills exposed at the bottom while having non-believers think they had their "gotcha! Told ya so" moment.

The big grills were mentioned almost 2 years ago on this forum... those that paid attention knew this was coming for a while now.
I get what you are saying but how reputable was the big grills mention of this forum 2 years ago. Plus, whose to say that they will be this sharp edged thin slat design as rendered? So far I havent seen this confirmed, so I still take it as a guess. Also they look so bad that its hard to believe, especially if you imagine US plates as I alluded to.

Bmw could still be laughing their ass off as we make renders like this when the M grill wont be nearly this radical.
It is VERY easy to see in these spy shots that the render is nearly spot on. You can remain in denial if you want; it's bliss I'm sure.

P.S. BMW doesn't give a damn about how our U.S. plates will look on the car. That's our problem, not theirs.
The render matches this camo'd car, but isn't the idea of all the camo to hide the final product? that's the part I'm stuck on... they can put whatever they want on the test car and hiding the final product is supposedly* a goal of theirs. Just like the other aspects of the exposed car (hood, wheels, etc) .. are these things final? Nope.

And yes, I'm making arguments and that support this car NOT looking like the render because I think it's really ugly and really am hoping it doesn't look that way. Bigger grilles? Maybe. Shockingly big and ugly? I have to doubt that because I would think the team would be smarter than that. lol.
It's hides enough of the car's nuance, but the camouflage can't realistically hide all aspects. The car still has to be driven on public roads and tested, and the motor still needs air (...cooling via radiator, air for intakes, etc.). There definitely IS a finality to even a pre-production test car (...remember all of those camo'd F8X's, for example, that were posted in 2013/2014? About the only thing that changed were the wheels.....referring to what looked like 19"/20" versions of what we now know as the 18" base wheels). The overall design is more or less already laid out. I know it's hard for die-hards - including myself - to swallow, but it's the reality we're facing........like that feeling you get when you catch your gf or wife in bed with another man between her legs. You try to tell yourself that it didn't happen, that you dreamt it, or that it was an illusion, but the remnants on the bedsheets surely weren't yours. Lol!
Appreciate 1
DocB312.00