09-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #18
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet91 View Post
A new challenger has entered the game... Obviously the back piece over the engine won't work, but what about the front.

Yup. I've been eyeing it ever since they launched the M3 but I don't think it'll work on our cars because of the shape of the engine cover. And our cars don't have the centre bolt hole (where the two V braces meet). It might be possible to drill a hole there but I'm more concerned about the engine cover getting in the way.

But yes. The OEM M3 strut brace is gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by placebo0311 View Post
Yes installed them a couple of months ago. I can throw up some pictures if you'd like to see them.
That's lovely! Is there an improvement in the handling?

I had 034Mototsport strut braces on my B9 A4 (which had OEM strut braces that looked exactly like the ones on the BMW Z4) and the improvement was night and day, even during daily driving. The car felt stiffer, took turns so much better. Loved it! I spoke to someone who installed the OEM Z4 braces on their Toyota Supra and they said they didn't notice any difference. Which is why I didn't get it for my 330i since I didn't want something that just added some bling to the engine bay.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 09-28-2020 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0