TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Whether by accident or intent, BMW (and others) decided to allow Tesla become an interim leader, observe Tesla's mistakes and learn from them while developing its own EVs.

To be second for a while is a strategy that can work. Lots of examples can be drawn from history.
100%.

I'm reading all comments and it reads like it's so easy for BMW, Mercedes and Audi to just drop what they have been doing for decades and just switch over to EV just like that. It is significantly easier (though I'm sure Tesla and Elon Musk had their barriers) to start building an entire EV market when you are starting from nothing.

Tesla took the risk in putting out a full EV and it paid off, something everyone else couldn't do without risking everything. Now that Tesla has shown how EV's can be viable, everyone else just needs to learn to do it better which I have zero doubt can and will eventually happen.

If this is BMW's roadmap, I'm optimistic that that they know what they are doing with all the hybrids and the i3/i8 they have put out. I can't say the same thing about Mercedes and Audi which have put out very little in terms of consumer products compared to BMW.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 07-04-2020 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b5853.50