View Single Post
      12-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #16
BMWbiker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Most reviewers seem to be a bit out of touch with practical day to day use for a whole segment of customers - those of us who actually use the car to DO STUFF.

The 3 series saloon is useless to me ... how do I throw my bikes in the boot? How do I load the kids university stuff (PCs with 32" monitors) for multiple trips per year? How do I get bulky junk to the recycling centre?

The touring is more practical but ... its styling just isn't for me.

I'm currently on my 3rd X3 but when I went to order a 4th there was just too much compromise on deletions, wait times etc

Step up the 4GC! Perfect for my needs, got all the options I wanted and available on a great PCP deal. Ordered 13 November and yesterday I went to see it in the dealer's lot waiting for PDI. 6 weeks from order to delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Most reviewers seem to be a bit out of touch with practical day to day use for a whole segment of customers - those of us who actually use the car to DO STUFF.

The 3 series saloon is useless to me ... how do I throw my bikes in the boot? How do I load the kids university stuff (PCs with 32" monitors) for multiple trips per year? How do I get bulky junk to the recycling centre?

The touring is more practical but ... its styling just isn't for me.

I'm currently on my 3rd X3 but when I went to order a 4th there was just too much compromise on deletions, wait times etc

Step up the 4GC! Perfect for my needs, got all the options I wanted and available on a great PCP deal. Ordered 13 November and yesterday I went to see it in the dealer's lot waiting for PDI. 6 weeks from order to delivery.
This is close to my thinking.

The major difference: I do like wagons, and I do have a 3 series wagon. But what if it were stolen or totaled tomorrow? BMW no longer sells it in the U.S. I could buy used. But what if I wanted a new car?

I can buy a competitor, right? Audi? They're raised wagons, or the unaffordable and unobtanium RS6. Volkswagen? Wagons are discontinued. (Arteon is a perhaps. Golf R is awesome but not a true wagon.) Mercedes? It's a raised wagon, or an AMG. Volvo? It too has discontinued its non- lifted wagons, other than the Polestar. Et tu, Brute?

This is the closest I can come, without getting an SUV. (Or I could buy the A5/S5/RS5. Or Genesis.)

I just wish it were tow rated in the U.S. (Ditto my current car, for that matter.)