View Single Post
      11-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #476
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36mmm View Post
I'm so disappointed in bmw lately. I'm not sure whats worse, the numbers on the cars or the design language? Besides the 6 series and i8, I dislike most of them due to their design and what they have done to the M models. Originality is gone, bmw wants more mainstream customers and can not keep their promise for their 25 year old enthusiasts. Game and intention has changed in this brand and for the first time I'm looking across the road at Mercedes AMG.
BMW is a mainstream albeit premium brand. Mainstream customers are a significant demographic to not just BMW but to all manufacturers.
Today an enthusiast relates to around 10-20% of global sales annually,to rely solely on enthusiast sales is no longer applicable for any manufacturer.

The rules of engagement have changed, sports cars no longer rule as the SUV is the no 1 best selling global segment and all manufacturers are competing in that segment. If you think it is just BMW then look around at everybody else.

Mercedes bringing more SUVs, Porsche went mainstream with the Cayenne and Panamera and a smaller SUV is planned below the Macan. And Audi are the same. People need to stop singling out BMW when everybody else is following suit because a business needs new customers and with that they need appealing product. Product that must be competitive,flexible and appealing to new customers.