06-15-2019, 03:14 AM   #12
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongp3 View Post
I drove a 2013 335i for the duration of a 3yr lease, this was my first BMW I had come from a Honda fanboi world. I still have an S2000 and love that car.

I also bought a 2017 M3 in October, after wanting an M car for since my first 335i I had the funds and ability to buy one used. I'm glad I bought the car and I can do into detail if you wish but the analogy I use is, It's like a track experience on the street every day. You feel the road more, with that come more noise. Rolling over a lane change reflector is like a speed bump at 60mph. Traction from a stop was always questionable.

The M340i feels like driving on clouds, it's equally as fast as the Base M3 I had, maybe faster as I can actually get the power down. The standard tech in this car is at least a year or 2 ahead of its time, at least once ConnectedDrive gets more reliable.

The icing on the cake was the overall value. The Used M3 I had was due for several maintenance items that would have cost me at least 1000 is parts. I now have a new car under warranty with a maintenance plan and pay ~300 less per month including the massive insurance and fuel savings.
Analogy was perfect and exactly how I feel.
Some of us prefer the daily track experience and the "on the clouds driving " is for when I decide to get a Lexus when I'm 98 years old
Appreciate 0