Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drF80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
In my books Alfa does not outperform (strong word) in any way the BMW. First of all, I will never trade the material quality and fit and finish for very little more performance. If I want an outperforming vehicle, Alfa is not in my books.
No, not a badge thing. I owned many cars, and still own different brand, I just want to see that level of quality I am thirsty for. Alfa really disappoints in every aspect when we are talking about materials and execution.
BMW is the one that defined the sporty luxury vehicle. Alfa was the worse car I have ever owned. I realized why in Europe we call the Italian cars "Gigolo: they are cute but they always disappoint."
BMW is not flawless, but Alfa can't hold a candle to BMW in terms of execution and reliability.
BMW has defined the Sport sedan in 199x and ever since then slipped a notch with the next generation. Lately, their benchmark sport sedan took #3 spot behind Mercedes and Genesis!! And that included all of the stuff you mentioned above.
Your book is obviously biased as is most of us on this forum. However, the reality is that if you get the car for the driving character, you have better options. If you want a car for the comfort and luxury, yes, you have better options.
I am not sure that 330 is the best blend of both.
What are you doing here?

You should be flossing over the Genesis G70 forums...

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
premier3is1628.00