01-05-2020, 08:52 PM   #98
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Currently searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by drF80 View Post
It is becoming much clearer why BMW has taken this direction reading the lines from "smart" new owners...
Calling someone (whos driven a BMW before you knew how to spell it) a "troll" because pointing out that competition has gotten better while BMW has not, tells me how much you actually understand the points I am trying to make...
This is really common on all car message boards. I also have a Volvo In the household and got ran off the Swedespeed forum for offering constructive criticism of the new line up and where the brand is headed.

I’ll admit-I’m guilty of it too sometimes. We all can get emotional after making such an expensive purchase but have to remember that it’s just a car/brand among many. I wanted to like the G20 so badly I had convinced myself it was perfect before I even drove it. It wasn’t until 5,000 miles in I can see the car has its flaws. But it’s still a great all around car. I no longer care about comparing it to the old BMW’s of lore bc those days are over.

And Competition is good. I’m glad cars like the Giulia are out there that force BMW to innovate and create a better product line that fits their new modern mold. I also firmly believe BMW listens to constructive criticism from their loyal customers. Otherwise they had no need to improve the handling/steering of the 3 series at all considering how well the F30 sold.

So in conclusion, let’s not take anything too personally. I enjoy reading all perspectives (good and bad) of The G20 and BMW in general.
Appreciate 0