View Single Post
      01-06-2020, 09:00 PM   #101
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

That is perfectly fine, the G20 is not for you. Even the F80 which you claim is the last real BMW has its own negatives. There's no point in marching in denouncing the car that other people chose. Then proceed to show off your superiority by telling us how you own the last real BMW and how your friends who switch from BMW to the competition found it much better. Somehow, that's suppose to mean something to us. What data do you have, does your friends account for a third of the 3 series sales? Maybe then we could see what impact that has. Even when the 3'er was supposedly C+D favorite, there were many who didn't think it was great. The 911, as good it is, have characteristics that some may criticize. Look at the Savagegeese review, he didn't care too much for your F80 nor the 911 he reviewed.

Forget what reviewers say, most have their own biases and agenda. I test drove the Genesis 3.3T and didn't walk away ecstatic as some of those so-called reviewers would have you believe. I was very curious to see what the hype was about. In-fact, it was the first car I test drove as a possible replacement back in May. Was it garbage? no, was the 330i M sport better to me? hell yes and back then I didn't even test drove the M340i. I chose it with only having test driven the 330i M Sport. Look at the Throttle house review, those guys claim the M340i is just a faster 330i and praised the C43, mostly due to the gear shifts and the exhaust. Watching that review one would have little interest to bother test driving the M340i. They fail to mention the BMW strengths, and didn't mention which was faster. Now we all know the M340i kills that C43 in acceleration, has better steering etc but you wouldn't know that from watching the Throttle House review.

Here in this forum we have former F80 drivers who are happy with the M340i. Whose to say, it's not a good car because you along with some random person on YouTube thinks the Giulia et al is better. You're just one person and your opinion does not invalidate an entire sub fora of actual owners. These threads are pointless. If we go over the F80 forum sub-forum telling actual owners that the Quadrifoglio is a better car than theirs. What sort of reception do you think we would get? Yet you continuously do that here.
Fuller1216.50