View Single Post
      05-01-2020, 05:19 PM   #1
ryivnx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5Comp, E46M3 6MT, 328d, M340i

Hi all,

So, I have "upgraded" my instrument cluster to the M specific one which I think is a huge plus except two things:

1 - the yellow and red tach warning sections on the tach are not specific to B58.
You can chose either an S58 or another engine to get yellow and red limiters appear but they wont match the B58 engine speeds (B58 has yellow at 6-6500, red at 6500-7000).
So I chose S58 specific lines (yellow at 7-7.5k, red 7.5-8k)
This, unfortunately, cannot be fixed at this point in time

2 - when you update the cluster to M specific one, your stock tach on HUD in sport mode goes away which is quite sad.
So, to fix this I reached out to some coders familiar with E sys.
Luckily, they were able to add M specific (which is larger) tach on HUD and added the menu in the settings where this can be activated. There is still no stock M340 rev counter, but who cares - I have the M verios of this.

To code this you would need the following:
- any brand ENET OBD cable (I bought mine off of Amazon. Its the same one that is used for F series)
- a laptop with Windows and Teamviewer installed (latest version)
- about an hour of your time
- $80 for the services of remote coding
- if you're interested, you can email to luntik1994@yandex.ru

I am sure there are cheaper and more practical ways of doing this, but I am not super savvy with coding past the Bimmercode app so I decided to give this task to someone who knows what they are doing.

Disclaimer - I have no personal or financial gains from this in any way. Just thought I'd share.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
greekcs773.00
VipinLJ1936.50
A6bullet336.00