Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisss_GER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuni View Post
It is M-sport.

This links shows (same) pictures with captions of it being M-sport. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...l-services-for

Crazy that full release is till 1,5 month away.
Thank you for the link, so I'm really looking forward to the M50. This should be my next vehicle. If BMW didn't fool us, the i4 M50 will be the first M Performance model with M specific mirrors.
Further I'm very excited to see the interior trim with the curved display.
It's going to take more then M mirrors to get my attention

I am looking for performance and that includes the batteries abilities
This looks okay. Im getting X7 styling vibes from the side profile.

I am mostly concerned with the safety systems built around the battery tech of the i4. Read an article recently about a Tesla that burst into flames after it crashed. Supposedly, it took the fire department "several hours" to put out the fire. I can only assume this was due to the battery itself fueling the fire.

How different is this battery system from that of Tesla's? Has BMW published any crash test data or other technical information regarding the specifics of its battery technology and how it impacts the safety of the vehicle during a crash?

I don't plan on crashing, but if someone T-bones me in the middle of an intersection at relatively high speed, I want to know that my family isn't going to be instantly burned alive just because I chose to drive a BEV instead of an ICE vehicle.