United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 45e  [0.00]
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
I was promised my allocation finally in early Jan by my dealer. He said 3 others are also waiting for one and that BMW NA didn't have many allocations to give for the month of Dec.

He also said they were supposed to issue these on Thursday of this week but haven't yet. I'm guessing once they do I'll finally get my production date. I knew it was going to be a long wait, but this has been longer than I anticipated so far.
Folks with greater experience can correct me here but per my broker the allocation you're waiting is not with BMW NA. It's about the dealer. A dealer is given a limited amount of allocations per a timeframe in the factory so that they don't flood the production with orders and all the other dealers can get custom cars in.

It sounds to me you're waiting for the dealer rather than BMW NA. If you haven't paid, I'd take the deal to another dealer with an available allocation see if they can match it. A dealer with available allocation can put your order in and give you the production number instantly if BMW NA accepts the order (provided the order is something BMW can build - like packages/options selected correctly etc).