Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
The car will also engage the parking brake automatically if you exit while Auto Hold is active. I make sure to apply and double check the parking brake myself, though, as this could be a bad habit to carry into other cars that might not do the same.
I agree about some features being a bad habit if carried over to other cars.

For ex - With my SQ5, A4 and 330i, when I come to a stop, I just turn the car off. I don't put it in P or turn the handbrake in. Turning it off does both automatically (though sometimes parking brake doesn't engage and I need to apply it manually). I drove my A7 and once, forgot I was in it and did what I do in the other cars. Shifter was in D. Car started rolling forward. Thankfully there was nothing in front or behind or anywhere near the car. Scary situation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilus View Post
I discovered this afternoon that you cannot put the car in Drive if the door is not fully closed. Reverse is OK, but when I tried to put the car in Drive it just jumped out with a message on the idrive screen. Took me a while to realize what was going on until I clocked the message on the dash telling me the drivers door was not fully shut.
The reason why it doesn't always put the handbrake on is because your seatbelt is still on. If you turn the car off when the seat belt is off and the door is open, but will be applied automatically
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1949.00