View Single Post
      07-27-2023, 09:31 AM   #8
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
At the end of the day a person should be able to financially benefit from their talents. Prior to the NIL, NCAA athletes weren't allowed too (and they were getting suspended if caught) which didn't seem fair. But now with NIL being a thing it's fair for the high profile athletes in big sports at prominent schools. But for the athletes at smaller schools in the non football sports....good luck.

The big powerhouse colleges will now have more influence with recruits as these colleges will continue to show a clear path to the pros and now also getting paid now. I assume someone going to Alabama to play football is more likely to get paid a bigger NIL deal than someone going to play for a non-powerhouse sports school.
Do you think that is reasonable when you are attending College for "free" on a scholarship and getting an education (which is supposedly the first priority when going to college in the first place) on other student's money as well as state sponsored funding thru tax dollars? Oh, and by the way, you don't have to attend class... sorry, that's not school, that's a grift to everyone else. If that's NOT ridiculous... I don't know what is... your payment is a free education...but again, that flew out the window many years ago.... if we are really going down this route... fine separate schools from athletic programs entirely... it'll then be athletic academies etc vs learning institutions.
F32Fleet3609.00