View Single Post
      09-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #138
m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
So after some time thinking on the design and then doing some serious viewing of every new car design currently available and really paying attention to reviewing cars in the metal in the real world, I still must say I dislike it greatly and am disappointed and sad for the current state of design at bmw overall.
Ive read all the posts in the various threads and have commented as well, but my feelings are that bmw has become very lazy and unoriginal. I saw some of the comments that the designers had their artistic freedom which drove what we say, but its actually the opposite.
This design interpretation is stale, its common and nothing special as nearly every other car / sav/ truck from most other car makers have already gone down this path. So we have to ask, why would bmw be so lazy with design to follow a language already used for several years on untold competitor models? Why be so UNoriginal? This is what bothers me most of all as it has more long term implications than just an ugly grille. I truly cant comprehend their lack of originality and uniqueness. So now they have big grilles just like most other new cars, how can anyone say thats artistic freedom, its literally like every manufacturers designers all were in the same stupid design class together and all were taught to do the same exact thing, and then go to different companies and all offer a version of the same crap. Following is never a smart strategy for long term success and this is just a mess.
Why bmw why follow everyone else?
Appreciate 0