05-21-2019, 10:46 PM   #6
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Looks very much like a 4 GC, in terms of it's form and function. While there are definite differences in where the engine is and the trim level/power, the function of the 4 GC concept is top notch, so taking it to a few performance levels higher, unlike BMW does, is a welcome concept. If this car was a few years earlier, I probably would have gotten it, S5 or RS5. Interestingly, it's got plastic in all the same places as my chevrolet, I just don't see the huge differences in interior that people claim. Still, nice car and I love the function of it. Those rear hatches are so damn useful.
Actually that is something I'm confused with too. There is no additional options for full leather option. Those of us with the current F8x, it makes quite a difference look wise with soft touch plastic vs full leather dash. Considering what the RS5 is really built for (aka more comfort vs F8x's more performance) to not have a full leather dash option is pretty confusing. I can forgive the door areas but the dash not having that option seems to be something either Audi overlooked or for a reason I do not know about.

One thing I did forget to add too, there is no way to delete the Panoramic Roof. It comes standard with all RS5 (B9) and you have no say about it. The RS5 Sportback is already 4,000+ lbs, what's to it for Audi to give the full leather dash option?