Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nai1ZuTe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiTourer View Post
For auto launch, open the AA App on your phone and make sure that the check box is set to automatically resume when you start driving.

Not sure what phone you have but there is also a list of known bugs for various phones on the Android Auto support pages ..open the Phone AA App and select Help and Support on the 3dots menu.
In my experience, issues are mainly phone related. I have a Pixel 5 phone Android 11 and now on Android 12 and it has always worked perfectly with Android Auto on my M340i. A friend has a Samsung S21 and has lots of issues with his 330i.
Actually the BMW bluetooth device (BMW XXXXX) shown in AA says "this device does not support auto launch features" and I don't think I've seen similar issue for other people. I guess that's phone-related. I have a Huawei Mate 20 and I saw another post with the same, but no issue. I am actually considering the Pixel 6 so I don't have to deal with this in the long run...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nai1ZuTe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiTourer View Post
For auto launch, open the AA App on your phone and make sure that the check box is set to automatically resume when you start driving.

Not sure what phone you have but there is also a list of known bugs for various phones on the Android Auto support pages ..open the Phone AA App and select Help and Support on the 3dots menu.
In my experience, issues are mainly phone related. I have a Pixel 5 phone Android 11 and now on Android 12 and it has always worked perfectly with Android Auto on my M340i. A friend has a Samsung S21 and has lots of issues with his 330i.
Actually the BMW bluetooth device (BMW XXXXX) shown in AA says "this device does not support auto launch features" and I don't think I've seen similar issue for other people. I guess that's phone-related. I have a Huawei Mate 20 and I saw another post with the same, but no issue. I am actually considering the Pixel 6 so I don't have to deal with this in the long run...
oh...now I understand the problem. Your Huawei phone does not support Android Auto properly now. That is because of the US technology export ban to China from Trump time. No Google Android technology is permitted and Huawei now have their own operating system.
So yes, I think the best solution is to change to a Pixel as you suggest. With a Pixel you at least know that it will be the best phone to operate with Android. I might also buy a Pixel 6 when it is available here; in the meantime I'm very happy with my Pixel 5 and Android version 12.
Appreciate 0