View Single Post
      07-25-2021, 09:11 PM   #1
Chrono9084
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340ix

Garage List
Polishing/Buffing scratches from a detail shop.

Looking for some advice here. I have owned my M340i for just over a month. I have hand washed it three times (microfiber mitt, foam cannon, microfiber drying cloths, and a very light soap) and the paint was immaculate before taking it in. It has never seen an automatic car wash, let alone an auto with brushes/scrubbers!

I dropped it off at a detail shop (Sheen Auto Spa) for an exterior wash, paint sealant, and wax. When I picked it up I was shown some scratches on the back of the trunk lid that the washing tech had "noticed" while washing it. He was able to remove it (mostly) by using some detailing spray but I am pretty sure it is still there. Stupidly, I didn't inspect the car for other damage before driving away.

Today I noticed two other areas that are damaged in the same way (see pictures below). It appears to be from the polishing/buffing tool based on the circular patterns.

Here are my two questions:
  1. How do you think I should approach the detail shop regarding the repair of these scratches? I do not have any way to prove that they were not there prior to bringing it in but I know that they were not.
  2. While I know its hard to tell the extent of the damage from the pictures, should this be something easily repaired? If so, what do you think I am looking at to get it fixed (assuming this shop does not own their mistakes and fix it)?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0